Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 27, 2012

I Write, Therefore I Am....

Today when I woke up, I was considering one of the things that makes ME the most ME. I got a whole list of things in my head:
  • dancing
  • God
  • my family
I paused there, considering any other options. I sometimes feel like I don't even know who I am anymore, which apparently is a common feeling in teens. I am trying to "rediscover" myself. As I lay there, one thought floated into my head.
  • WRITING!!!!
Writer Flannery O’Connor said, “A story is a way to say something that can’t be said any other way, and it takes every word in the story to say what the meaning is. You tell a story because a statement would be inadequate.” I am trying everyday to take this to heart, whether it's on my blog or in one of the numerous stories I'm writing or in my essays for school. And I hope, by sharing my heart on this blog, you'll take this to heart too.

No comments:

Post a Comment