Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 7, 2011

Quote of the Day: e. e. cummings

"
To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle a human being can fight and never stop fighting.
"

e. e. cummings

I really like this quote. I think it describes my battle in life perfectly. I strive to be different, not like other girls who only care about what they look like and who likes them. For me, the picture of caddiness is describedby two girls I used to dance with. Let's call them Audrey and Hillary.

Audrey was the image of what I wanted to be. She was good at everything (or so it seemed), she had all the clothes I wished I could wear, was perfect in our teacher's eyes, and was guaranteed a spot in the "company." I felt fat, gargantuan and I didn't get into the company. I tried twice. She would try to make me feel bad, point out how tall I was, and glare at me. I'm sure the whispers she told her friend were all about how fat, ugly, and tall I was.

Hillary was a hyper, attention-getting girl, who acted stupid all the time just to get attention. She was good at dancing, and she knew it. She always had to be in front, otherwise she pouted and made people feel sorry for her and glare at you.

Now, I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm not airing my old hurts because this happened a while ago and I'm over it. I just want to call attention to this poniant quote and adress the rising problem of caddiness in my generation. So if you ever read this "Audrey" and "Hillary," please know that you hurt me deeply with your cadddiness, but I forgive you and want you to know that I am praying for you.

~emi

No comments:

Post a Comment